12/12/2012

20 things about me

Today I'll tell you something about myself. Because I'm twenty years old, I'll do a list of twenty facts about myself and say something about them. 

Here we go.

1. I study literature and Finnish language at the University of Eastern Finland, in Joensuu. This is my first year at university and I already love my studies. I've made a lot of new friends and met great teachers - and learned a lot about literature, of course.

2. My home is in Imatra, which is almost 200 kilometers from Joensuu, in the East also. Imatra is quite a small town, but it's famous for the river called Vuoksi - it's a really beautiful river by the way. I've lived in Lappeenranta (about 35 kilometers from Imatra) and Helsinki.

3. I read all the time. My favorite genres are crime fiction and fantasy, but I read books from other genres, too. Now I'm reading Catching fire by Suzanne Collins and the Casual Vacancy by J.K.Rowling.

4. I love knitting. I knit mostly socks and use multiple colors. 

5. Travelling inspires me a lot. It really makes wonders and gives me tens of ideas. I've been to Sweden, Estonia, Germany, Crete, Bulgaria, Turkey, Norway and Tenerife. I'd like to see all the Canaria Islands and of course go to US.

6. I like learning new languages. For example German, which I started to learn when I was on the fifth grade.

7. I love lakes, especially the Lake Saimaa, the largest lake in Finland. When I was a child I spent all the summer days with my friends on a beach, swimming and playing in the water.

8. My favorite writers are J.K.Rowling, Michael Connelly, Carlos Ruiz Zafón, Patricia Cornwell, Clive Cussler, Suzanne Collins, Dan Brown, Stephenie Meyer, Robin Hobb, Dennis Lehane and Conn Iggulden. I could list much more writers, but here's a few.

9. And here's some books that I love: Harry Potter series, Echo Park, Nine dragons, Lincoln Lawyer, Shadow of the wind, Scarpetta, Memoirs of a geisha, Hunger games, Da Vinci code, the Emperor series, Twilight series, Shutter Island, the Hypnotist, Eat pray love... This list is endless.

10. I have a dog. Dogs = <3

11. My birthday is in October, and so is my brother's and my mother's.

12. I like skating. It was an important part of my life few years ago, and I wish it will be my hobby again in the future.

13. Movies always give me inspiration, especially if I'm struggling with my writing. Here's some of my favorites: Blood diamond, The departed, Atonement, Titanic, Holiday, The game of shadows, Dark knight rises, Shutter Island, Inception, Mamma Mia, Moulin Rouge, Australia, Catch me if you can, The amazing spiderman, Water for elephants

14. Actors/actresses I like: Leonardo Di Caprio, Kate Winslet, Nicole Kidman, Evan McGregor, Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley, Jude Law, Christian Bale, Meryl Streep, Mark Wahlberg, Jack Nicholson, Robert Pattinson, Kiefer Sutherland, Emily VanCamp

15. I don't like doing anything in hurry. Well, who would?

16. I have about 50 book ideas. I guess I don't need to worry what to write about.

17. I don't like early wake-ups.

18. My favorite bands and artists: Daughtry, Avril Lavigne, Enrique Iglesias, Nickelback, Bruno Mars, Poets of the fall, Paramore, James Blunt

19. I'd like to take dancing class. Salsa, rumba, jive, tango, charleston... 

20. I started my first blog, Behind the words, in August 2011. I love blogging. Thank you all for motivating and inspiring me!





8 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you for writing such a fascinating post!

    How many languages can you speak? Of course Finnish, English... I guess German, too?

    I'm bilingual (English and Japanese). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :)

      Yes, I can speak German, almost as well as English. I can also speak Swedish and Spanish. My Spanish isn't very good yet, though, I'd like to learn more! And Japanese would be fascinating language to learn.

      Delete
  2. My husband's birthday is in October and so is my anniversary. 50 book ideas is a lot! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More big days in October, nice! I already know about twenty people who have birthday in October.

      Yeah, time will show will they all become a book. I'd love to write them all!

      Delete
  3. Hi! It's great to meet you. Thank you for visiting my blog. :)
    I speak German--still trying to get there. The grammar is abit difficult, but I know enough to borrow sugar or salt or water for that matter..LOL I live in Vienna. :) Wow, you have a gift for languages. Yep! October seems like a great month. My sister's birthday is in October as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! It's great to meet you too :) Your blog is beautiful, and your book sounds great. I'm going to read the second chapter today. :) Yep, it is difficult, especially some parts of it. But you can do it! Yeah, it really seems.

      Delete
  4. One winter morning, a blonde girl from Finland touches the look of her thoughts. Then the words come to life by her hands.When the script ends the girl kisses the text and look to the future with an unprecedented optimism.Now she is the girl of her own book.And she is the first lover of her first book.The beauty of her life is now more vast.

    Yannis Politopoulos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a beautiful comment. Thank you!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you and your thoughts!