5/04/2013

Fascinating La Gomera (2)

The trip continued to a restaurant where we ate lunch and heard the famous whistling language that residents of La Gomera have used on the mountains. The language is based on the sound of words so the man who was whistling could whistle Finnish words like 'kiitos' (thank you) even though he couldn't understand their meaning. It sounded really funny! Here's few pictures from the garden:












After lunch we visited the national park of Garajonai. When I saw the park I felt like I had stepped in a fairy tale world. The silence and the way the sun shined between trees was absolutely amazing. When I start to write a fantasy novel I'll definitely use the ideas I got in the park. These pictures won't tell how beautiful it was, but...















Here's two pictures of a huge lava tap and one picture of a rare phenomenon: we saw the top of El Teide but not the island of Tenerife.






So here are the last pictures from La Gomera. Hope you enjoy them! More pictures and stories from Tenerife coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! I can imagine how beautiful it was in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was. In the next post the pictures will just get better!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you and your thoughts!