1/17/2014

One day in Kaisaniemi

I was spending time with two of my friends, Aleksi and Maria, in the center of Helsinki in May 2012. We were talking about our favorite topics: books, reading, movies and writing. When we came to Kaisaniemi, Aleksi told us about a fantasy novel he had been plotting many years ago. The complexity of the world amazed me.

But that wasn't all. After his story Aleksi looked at me and said:

"It would be great to see what kind of book this story could become. But I think I don't have the patience to write it. So, if you want, you can write it with me."

For a moment I couldn't say a word. I had heard of a story that was full of potential and had came out of my friend's mind. I could imagine myself reading it all night long, but I never would've guessed I would get a chance to write it. I said something like this: "Are you sure? Me? Of course I want to do it, this book must be written!"

This is how I became a co-writer of the novel I told you about before. I'm really excited about this. I believe we'll learn a lot during this new adventure and become better both as writers and humans. This opportunity is a privilege and I appreciate it very much. Aleksi has shared something unique with me. Books are written in the soul, somewhere deep down in there, and I know how much the author can love them. That's why I'll do my best with this story and give it all the attention it deserves. I hope we'll write a book we both can be proud of.

P.S. My favorite band, Daughtry, is coming to Finland in March! I couldn't be more excited!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds like a lot of fun. I've never co-authored a book. Part of me wants to, but I think I might drive my co-author crazy with the demanding schedule I put on myself while drafting. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been a silent dream for me, too. Everything about this is new to me.

      Lol :D You have always so much going on, which is great and amazing. I hope my future posts will help you see if being co-author could be your thing :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck co-authoring. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane! :) I have a good feeling about this.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you and your thoughts!