3/19/2014

Adventures in a fantasy world(1): About the new series and drafting the prologue

Yesterday I started drafting the prologue for our fantasy novel. I should have worked on an essay, but the prologue insisted to be written, so I started. In the prologue 'galaxor' (our goal was to make up a word that would combine 'galaxy' and 'emperor' and this is our best shot this far), the ruler of the galaxy the story is set in, finds out things he hoped he never had to face. An enemy race that almost took the whole galaxy down has come back in secret and started something that even the most powerful magic can't control. The galaxy is in danger again, after ten peaceful years. Galaxor's only chance is to find Rex, a young, famous and feared assassin who might have the power to save the planets and the life on them: to find a group of paranormal powers that used to belong to an unknown society. Poor man. I wouldn't like to be in his situation.

After typing the first words I realized how much I have missed writing and how much I love the story. This is new to me in so many levels. I've never written fantasy before. I've never co-authored before. And I've never created completely new words before. Aleksi loved what I wrote, and that makes me very happy. This was his world in the beginning, so I'm lucky to have the chance to be a part of this.

In the future I'll share more of my experiences. I learn something new every week, so I decided to start two post series: one for posts about co-authoring and another for posts about the series we're creating: about the characters, their powers, our new ideas, world building and so on. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them.

On the next post I'll talk more about the powers and the main characters. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I've never coauthored anything so I'm really excited that you are going to share your experience. It sounds like you and Aleksi are off to a great start. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a topic that might interest many people :) I've always wondered who coauthoring works. Never would've guessed I'm going to find some answers this way :D I have a really good feeling. I should go to bed but... :D

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you and your thoughts!